On Monday, 5 February 2018 00:26:36 UTC, Tom Zander  wrote:
> On Monday, 5 February 2018 00:55:34 CET Unman wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 04, 2018 at 08:14:57PM +0100, 'Tom Zander' via qubes-users
> wrote:
> > > * Having nothing but python APIs for your operating system is something
> > > that makes no sense. Python was never meant for servers, or even big
> > > applications. Finding a full-stack python developer is more rare than
> > > finding a Bitcoin C++ developer.
> >
> > I'm not sure how much of this is just trolling.
>
> It is not trolling.
>
> > You obviously dont mean uses like Google, DropBox, YouTube, Reddit etc.
> > Perhaps you dont know about Eve Online? Mercurial? Blender?
>
> Absolutely none of these use python for anywhere near the same percentage of
> components as Qubes does.

Having developed a Yubikey component for Qubes, I prefer to use Python when
possible for transparency. The C bit I've done are opaque to the user (unless
he compiled his install of Qubes, and reviewed the code). Not saying it is the
default choice but pointing that Python has this benefit.

> Google is a good example, for instance they shipped proto-buffers. Which
> have bindings in a long list of languages (20 or so).

True that API use should be easy at least with Python and C. But C should only
be used for core protocols.