Am Samstag, 18. März 2017 15:33:40 UTC+1 schrieb Steffen Hartmann:
> Am Freitag, 17. März 2017 04:34:12 UTC+1 schrieb Drew White:
> > On Monday, 13 March 2017 07:47:34 UTC+11, Steffen Hartmann  wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > after installation and some weeks of using cubes 3.2 I'm still facing
> > > troubles with the system hanging comletly.
> > > It starts with very delayed mouse and keyboard input - finally everything
> > > stops.
> > > When looking with top in dom0 no obvious memory hungry tasks.
> > >
> > > However I have to reboot or even stop the computer the hard way pulling
> > > the mains.
> > >
> > > With my other OS's on the same computer no such troubles.
> > >
> > > Where can I look into to trace down this problem?
> > >
> > > I have a dell precision 5500 with 16 GB Ram an 3 VM running
> > > (sys-firewall, sys-net, fed23) and dom0 of course.
> > >
> > > Everything is pretty much standard installation.
> > >
> > > thank you
> >
> > Hi Steffen,
> >
> > You are using the almost EXACT SAME machine that I am. I have 24 GB RAM.
> > I used to have the exact same problem before I reconfigured things to work
> > properly so that this did not happen.
> >
> > FIRSTLY, upgrade to A16, there are bugs in A13 that should not be there.
> > This fixes the frequent overloads and thus the lockups.
> >
> > SECOND, disable screensaver, put it to blank screen.
> > THIRD, whenever you are going away overnight, pause every guest that runs
> > web browsers, OR shut them down.
> >
> > FOURTH, make sure you update the Qubes Manager to get rid of the Memory
> > Leak it has.
> >
> > Currently I have been using most of my own things to replace the Qubes
> > Manager, thus utilising less RAM in Dom0, which also resolved numerous
> > locking issues.
> >
> > I run Fedora 23 Templates, along with Debian 8, and numerous versions of
> > Windows along with other operating systems including Android.
> > At times I have anywhere up to 20 Guests running at a time.
> >
> > RARELY less than 8.
>

> Hi,
>
> I upgraded BIOS to A16 as suggested by Drew and now uptime is > 8 h without
> crash.
>
> Thank you to all and I will keep you informed.
>
> Steffen

Just to further document the problem and what helped me in this situation:

First it turned out that there was always a readonly filesystem when the system
became unusable. Because of that I installed the system on an external usb
drive but still the same behaviour. From then I new it has nothing to do with
my internal flash drive.

To solve I switched off vt-d in the BIOS. And that stopped the problem for
sure. Turning it on and the crashes came back.

I'm wondering if that has to do with the special procedure needed to make my
network card working is related to this. I need to set permissive mode for it
in order to make it work.