On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 2:19:14 PM UTC+1, Alex Dubois wrote:
> On Friday, 9 February 2018 10:50:03 UTC, Yuraeitha  wrote:

> > > Yes I know, I'm planning on helping... on a Windows 10 QWT workaround
> > > that is secure and follow Qubes OS philosophy.

> > > I had tried and it was not working, but thanks for the suggestion.

> > ah my bad, I did not know that. I tend to just go full speed ahead with the
> > size of my context in my suggestions if I don't know anything about a
> > persons existing knowledge. It does from time to time cause big problems if
> > I assumed wrong, I really need to stop doing that habit ^^;
> >
> > btw in case you haven't seen it, we currently having a discussion about
> > Win7 in Qubes-devel
> > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-devel/tBqwJmOAJ94
> > In case some of the work-around fixes and issue discussions may have some
> > useful inputs for the work on Win10 (for example Marek's post is very
> > insightful), and also the wiki that Ivan made is being used to keep every
> > confirmed known issues in a single place.
>
> No problem.
>
> Ah thanks for the pointer. I'll check. (I wish I could PM). Assume I do thank
> you in the future when I do not reply ;)

I just noticed, but also doesn't seem to be a seamless mode setting neither in
qvm-prefs or GUI VM-Settings, nor do they appear on HVM mode in case that would
be a new thing or not.

Could it be possible that it's related to the missing adjustments to allow
booting from CD/DVD's?

I mean, it does kind of look like no work has been done yet on pretty much
everything related to 3rd party virtualization's.

That's not a criticism though, it's more an interesting thing to observe. I
wonder when it's planned to get all these various 3rd party tools back in
Qubes. I know QWT is on hold for now until a developer is found, but what about
all the rest Qubes features for 3rd party VM installations which lies more
directly in the Qubes core dom0 code itself?