Dear all,

At Qubes RC4 installation, I've selected: whonix + update through whonix but
lost the ability to update software on templates after whonix removal.

After the installation, I've changed:
a) UpdateVM configuration in global settings from 'sys-wonix' to 'sys-firewall';
b) removed whonix AppVM's and templates based on documentation here:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/whonix/uninstall;

Now templates (debian-9, fedora-26) can no longer update. They can ping 8.8.8.8
(google DNS), but cannot download updates (resp. sudo apt-get update and sudo
dnf update), not even when their resolv configurations (in /etc/resolv.conf)
only contain the reachable 'nameserver 8.8.8.8'.

Weirdly, their /etc/resolv.conf list 10.139.1.1 and 10.139.1.2 as nameservers
which do not exist on my system (and I suspect that to be the sys-whonix subnet
which was not changed when changing the UpdateVM).

Questions:
1) Where are the network settings (nameservers, default gateway) for
TemplateVM's managed?
2) Can I do anything to provide a more clear description on this (apparent) bug
so it can be fixed in release 4.0?

Steps to reproduce:
1) install qubes with wonix as updatevm
2) change global settings from wonix to sys-firewall
3) update template (fails to connect to package repo's)

Kindly,
Fred