On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 6:20:44 PM UTC+1, Mr F wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This problem is most likely not unique but I dont know how to formulate this
> screen in writing in order to search for others that might have the same
> problem (Please see the attached image)
>
> Using a Lenovo Yoga 720.
>
> From this menu I have tried these two suggested fixes:
>
> 1) "In GRUB menu1, select “Troubleshoot”, then “Boot from device”, then press
> e.
> At the end of chainloader line add /mapbs /noexitboot.
> Perform installation normally, but don’t reboot the system at the end yet."
>
> 2) "In GRUB menu1 press e.
> At the end of chainloader line add -- efi=attr=uc.
> Perform installation normally, but don’t reboot the system at the end yet."
>
> None of them work and the system halts showing the attached screen.

In addition to what awokd suggested which I agree with.

Is this the installer boot? or an existing install boot?
If installer boot or after boot from after finished new install, then try
re-install with LegacyBIOS/Grub instead of UEFI/EFI, besides UEFI/EFI really
isn't any more secure, while LegacyBIOS/Grub is old, UEFI/EFI is crapware, so
they even out somehwat, however you may have an easier time with
LegacyBIOS/Grub. With little information you get a lot of suggestions though,
so there are plenty of other things you can try, for example look here for more
things to try out, even if the reason is different, this debugging and fix
work-arounds could work for you too:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/M5laQSahuiE

In order to give more accurate help, we'd need more information. For example
questions, such as like those I asked the other guy in the link.