I've been using Qubes for about a year. It took me a few weeks to get
everything just right, I did a TON if tiny customizations for the sake of
opsec. Even tho I have a Surface Pro, I use my Qubes laptop 99.999% of the
time. I specifically bought an Acer laptop that was totally compatible and put
32GBs of RAM in it.

I use it for all kinds of things, personal use like forums, darnet, etc. I also
have a Kali HVM that connects straight to the wifi device only bypassing
sys-net. I run only dom0 and my Kali HVM when in use. Even tho I have template
VMs, my run VMs have allot of customizations to I did not want to include in
the template. I've gotten in the habit of running duplicates and burning them
after a couple uses then making another and so on.

When 4 final is released and there is a pack for full support of a Windows
10/Server 2016 HVM, I'mm for sure be doing that as well. I do have a Windows 7
HVM now for the VERY few apps that there are not Linux variants of, but I only
need that like 1% of the time.