On Monday, 5 February 2018 14:13:25 UTC, Krišjānis Gross  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently installed Qubes 4.0 rc4 on a new 8th generation Intel
> hardware and have an issue that I would like to get help with.
>
> The issue is that graphics appear to be very very slow. Each time there is
> some visual activity on the screen it is vary 'laggy'. I noticed that
> whenever there is a GUI action, the process called Xorg is using 100% of one
> of the processor cores.
>
> I have made captured a video of how that looks:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vrtVnVLu6WBrMl_6O-R7qs2syyOKypnQ
>
> I have also gathered some logs that might help to resolve this:
>  1) archive of /var/logs folder:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=171-f2-d3D_CPrSFJKFwcuIrQgZXYf5L3
>  2) result of "sudo journalctl -b > journal.log" :
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eOJMT4uGAQyatXFcQvF9ElGRpbdTTQSp
>
> Hardware details:
>  MB: ASRock Z370 Pro4 https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370%20Pro4/index.asp
>    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-8600K
> https://ark.intel.com/products/126685/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-Processor-9M-Cache-up-to-4_30-GHz
>
>    RAM: 16 GB DDR4
>

> Please help to resolve this!

Thank You, awokd!

That indeed helped to resolve the issue!

The exact steps that I did was:
  1) Install Qubes 4.0 rc4;
  2) Start Qubes. Notice the software rendering of the video;
  3) Open dom0 terminal and edit /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg (e.g. sudo nano
/boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg)
     Replace 2 occurances of "i915.preliminary_hw_support=1" with
"i915.alpha_support=1";
  4) Reboot the system.