среда, 21 февраля 2018 г., 23:39:50 UTC+3 пользователь Yuraeitha написал:
> On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 9:43:17 AM UTC+1, Daniil .Travnikov wrote:
> > I can't install Qubes Release 4.0-rc4 in some reason.
> >

> > I use the Rufus tool for “DD image” on 8 GB Flash Drive, after that I see
> > in Boot Menu this 2 kind of select:
> > ---
> > EFI:JetFlashTranscend 8GB 1100HD(Part1,Sig2161DF44)
> > JetFlashTranscend 8GB 1100
> > ---
> >

> > When I choose the 1st one with EFI:... it's showing some black screen:
> > ---
> > Xen 4.8.3 (c/s) EFI loader
> > Using configuration file 'BOOTX64.cfg'
> > vmlinuz: 0x000000008a01f000-0x000000008a71adb8
> > initrd.img: 0x0000000088c6f000-0x000000008a01e64c
> > ---
> > and after that just rebooting.
> >

> > But when I choose another JetFlash... it's showing Menu where I can choose
> > Install methods. I am choosing Install Qubes R4.0-rc4 and see black screen:
> > ---
> > ---
> > and after that flickering cursor on whole black sreen and rebooting.
> >

> > How and what I must fix?
>
> Not all hardware systems (UEFI firmware etc.) can boot up Qubes (or even
> other Linux distro's), even if you disable the secure boot and other various
> settings that can cause issues, it might still not be possible. So there is a
> "risk" that you can't get the UEFI boot to work. Though it may also just be a
> rogue setting you need to change, but even so, it might still prove
> impossible in the end.
>
> Did you try install with LegacyBIOS/Grub? New isn't always better, and
> UEFI/EFI is by no means bug free, unexploitable or more stable, so this is a
> scenario where new really isn't "better". For that matter, LegacyBIOS/Grub is
> pretty much its equal when it comes to security, stability and reliability,
> if not better.
>
> Booting with Grub or similar Linux boot manaters is also more versatile, you
> can easier change kernel/xen versions during boot, if you one day should need
> to. If you use UEFI/EFI, then it's a bit annoying having to kind of "hack"
> your own system with a live-boot medium just to change the configuration
> file. Not that it's very difficult, it's just annoying, and it may also be
> difficult for the first time a person needs to do it.
>
> Try LegacyBIOS/Grub boot instead, see if it gives you better results. This
> also has another benefit being you can also easier enable/disable graphic
> drivers and such in the Grub menu, which makes it easier to troubleshoot the
> issue by trial and error'ing.
>
> btw, does your hardware meet Qubes 4 minimum hardware recommendations? (It's
> not a question of work-power here, but required features), and are these
> features enabled in your BIOS/UEFI? Is it new hardware? Old hardware? Have
> you successfully run any Linux distry on it in the past?

Thank you for your answer.

Yes I tried to install with LegacyBIOS/Grub (in BIOS I chose 'Disabled' in 'EFI
Optimized Boot':
https://prnt.sc/ii5d61
https://prnt.sc/ii5dqy
https://prnt.sc/ii5e6x

Yes I already have another installed Qubes Release 3.2 which is working only
with 'Xen 4.6.6 Linux 4.4.14-11.pvops.qubes.x86_64':
https://prnt.sc/ii5iih
https://prnt.sc/ii5ioz
https://prnt.sc/ii5ith