On Fri, February 23, 2018 7:35 pm, Daniil .Travnikov wrote:
> пятница, 23 февраля 2018 г., 14:07:38 UTC+3 пользователь awokd написал:
>> On Fri, February 23, 2018 10:46 am, Daniil .Travnikov wrote:
>>

>> EFI is a bit different, not sure you get a Troubleshooting menu there.
>> If
>> not, see
>> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/#change-installer-ker
>> nel-parameters-in-uefi for how to edit the configuration directly on the
>> installer.
>
> Many hours spent on this situation. I already changed my BOOTX64.cfg like
> in guide:
>
> ---
> Edit /mnt/sysimage/boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg and add to every kernel
> section:
>

> mapbs=1 noexitboot=1 ---
>

> And still nothing.
>

> What else could it be? It is very strange, because Qubes 3.2 working fine
> with one of the kernels, but newer version in some reason won't work.

The newer R3.2 kernel still didn't work with iommu=no-igfx? That's too
bad, thought it might help there.

It might help if you were able to get the R4.0 installer boot logs to see
what is causing the crash. The problem is you might be literally the only
person in the world running Qubes 4.0 on that hardware, so there is no
magic answer guaranteed to fix it. It uses parts of the Fedora 25
installer, so the process of getting boot logs might be the same (but I
don't know for sure).