On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 3:08:22 PM UTC, awokd wrote:
> On Mon, February 26, 2018 2:47 pm, wrote:
>
> > Uman, I saw that you help or sometimes have some time and are willing to
> > help folks with issues setting up Qubes (4.0) on their machines. As it
> > happens I have a purism 13. I've downloaded the latest Qubes and have put
> > it on a stick and tried multiple times to get the Qubes installation to
> > run but nothing on the purism seems able to read or run Qubes
> > automatically.
>
> Hope you don't mind me butting in, Unman.
>
> patelmax27, you might need to upgrade your BIOS first- see
> https://puri.sm/posts/qubes4-fully-working-on-librem-laptops.
>
> Next, have you seen https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/installation-guide/ ?
>
> First of all, make sure to back up ALL DATA on your system. Installing
> another OS will by default erase everything on your hard drive.
>
> You then need to write the installer to your USB drive following the
> procedure in that document, then boot your laptop from the USB drive and
> follow the prompts.
>
> (Personally, I prefer a corebooted Lenovo G505s over other laptops from an
> owner rights perspective.)

After following the links, I see that yes I had already visited those, however
they do lead to other important links to be sure, so thank you. The ones you
sent me explain how to install through the terminal, I believe, whereas I was
hoping to simply transfer the file from my stick over to the computer and then
simply hit install. Is the only option that I use the terminal, do you know?

Thanks