Today opening sys-net  I get these errors in the terminal , though
sys-net continues  on and  seems OK ,  I suppose by now, it is expected
behavior that sys-net takes a long time and sometimes never shutsdown ??

  File "/usr/bin/qvm-start", line 136, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/qvm-start", line 120, in main
    xid = vm.start(verbose=options.verbose,
preparing_dvm=options.preparing_dvm, start_guid=not options.noguid,
notify_function=tray_notify_generic if options.tray else None)
  File
"/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/005QubesNetVm.py",
line 143, in start
    vm.attach_network(wait=False)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/000QubesVm.py",
line 1738, in attach_network
    self._format_net_dev(self.ip, self.mac, self.netvm.name))
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 530, in
attachDevice
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainAttachDevice() failed',
dom=self)
libvirt.libvirtError: invalid argument: network device with mac
00:16:3e:5e:6c:06 already exists

I cont'd on after  sys-net  started  via CLI  above  but occasionally I
see a dom0 flashing triangle  FWIW, maybe not related to below ??

(XEN) [VT-D]DMAR:[DMA Write] Request device [0000:04:00.0] fault addr
fff00000, iommu reg = ffff82c0009f4000
(XEN) [VT-D]DMAR: reason 05 - PTE Write access is not set
(XEN) [VT-D]DMAR:[DMA Write] Request device [0000:04:00.0] fault addr
fff00000, iommu reg = ffff82c0009f4000
(XEN) [VT-D]DMAR: reason 05 - PTE Write access is not set
(XEN) [VT-D]DMAR:[DMA Write] Request device [0000:04:00.0] fault addr
fff00000, iommu reg = ffff82c0009f4000
(XEN) [VT-D]DMAR: reason 05 - PTE Write access is not set

THIRDLY,
of late qvm-shutdown --all   has been hanging and I must do a hard
reboot , or  do  qvm-shutdown VM1 VM2 VM3  etc ,  which is kind of a
pain ...

I'm not really geeky enough to know if any of these might be related or
fix themselves,  Lastly,  I am running  the security update repo  , but
don't recall if any of these started before or after installing the
security patch  for  the intel  issues.

any suggestions to do something or nothing appreciated