On Thursday, 1 March 2018 11:47:13 UTC, Yuraeitha  wrote:
> On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 1:31:50 AM UTC+1, [799] wrote:
> > Hello Yuraeitha,
> >

> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > An 28. Feb. 2018, 21:39, Yuraeitha schrieb:
> >
> > > It seems from time to time that various
> > > people have shared a good unofficial script,
> > > guides and 'how to's', and even code, for
> > > Qubes related content, on their github page or
> > > similar. The problem however is that while
> > > shared, it isn't very visible, and even if they are
> > > from time to time mentioned in a mail thread,
> > > it quickly gets buried under many new mails.
> >
> > I have recognized the same and was wondering already what could be the
> > reason that people have written own small projects which I only knew of
> > because following this mailing list.
> > Honestly I started the same, after coming up with the first draft of ma
> > qvm-screenshot-to-clipboard script.
> >
> > The main reason why I didn't upload it (yet) to Qubes docs:
> >
> > 1) it is on a very early stage and while it is working I would feel a bit
> > ashamed, as there is no error handling etc.
> >
> > 2) I am unsure if the script is not only working but also "reasonable
> > secure" to use
> >
> > 3) I like the quality of the existing Qubes documentation, but it takes
> > some time for a newbie user not only to write a good how-to but also
> > include all  the valuable feedback or keep the discussion ongoing.
> >
> > Maybe those are the reasons why others like to keep developing their stuff
> > outside of the Qubes doc repository. Summarized:
> >
> > 1. Scripts are not yet ready/to basic
> > 2. Unknown impact on security
> > 3. Not enough time to craft a quality "product"
> >
> > > To solve an issue like this, it'd be helpful to
> > > have a place where we can keep track of
> > > everyone's projects which are shared for
> > > others to use. It may also be worth discussing
> > > on quality and security, and how we "censor"?
> > > bad scripts/guides/code.
> >
> > Yes, please! His could also be a good ressource to browse looking to
> > fine-tune Qubes.
> >
> > > It could be done in many various of different
> > > ways, which is also why I think it'd make
> > > sense to open a discussion on the matter, so
> > > we can find the most preferred method. First
> > > though, a location might be ideal starting
> > > place, where to keep everything updated?
> > > (...)
> > > A https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/ page listing
> > > all the unofficial projects. The most simple
> > > and easy way.
> >
> > I like the idea having it available at GitHub as we can easily contribute
> > to the code and GitHub has all the features to keep discussion ongoing etc.
> > It is also allows to keep a copy of the latest version of the scripts and
> > people don't have to learn another tool when their code is ready to be
> > released.
> >
> > The bad thing:
> > If you're not a developer and have never worked with GitHub the learning
> > curve might be high.
> > At least I had to click some time  arround to understand what is located
> [...]

I think a Qubes Doc page listing the other projects in GitHub could be good.
It should not be too much work for the Qubes team to accept the pull request
for updates to this page, which could be not too frequent. If they accept.

Other projects have an incubator section.

However, I think we need to spend a bit more time to try to add to this a bit
of  structure so that:
- It drives merger of projects from community member to help one another when
they want to achieve the same goal
- It drives projects to have a well defined small scope

Maybe have some forced phases "requirements definition", security/arch, minimum
value product1 (1st dev iteration)...