On Fri, March 2, 2018 4:00 am, Allen Larocque wrote:

> I checked the qvm-pci lists and the audio driver isn't assigned to any
> VMs. This is a fresh install with the sys-USB VM on.

You wrote "driver" here- you meant "device", right? Double check your VM
settings > Devices and make sure it's not assigned to any VM. If that
results in unassigning it from one or more, reboot afterwards.

> As far as I can summarize the problem now:
> 1. lspci shows the audio device.
> 2. aplay-l shows 'no audio device'

It should, if dom0 recognizes it. Look through "sudo journalctl -b" for
errors related to your audio device.

> 3. Pulseaudio output and config tabs show no audio devices (except the
> virtual one 'simultaneous output').
>
> I've been interpreting this as a driver issue? But unsure how to fix/ get
> the appropriate drivers....

Journalctl should give you more information to review.