I use an Acer Aspire E5-575G-76YK and went to 32GB of the highest speed and
lowest latency RAM that was compatible. I also went to a Samsung 1TB 850 Pro
SSD.

This Acer is well known for being a workhorse but most of all, one of the most
Linux compatible notebooks out there. I love it. Plan on buying a 2nd as a
spare.