Cool. That gave me some ideas. Thanks for sharing your setup.

So, another infosec question Im trying to figure out...

Templates Vs AppVMs.

I find myself with, currently, 8 templates and growing.
This is because I am installing different programs in different VMs
and Im not wanting to install all my programs into a single VM.

Of course, one solution is to install all my programs into a single
templateVM and only enable the programs I need in the AppVM.

But it seems more secure to me if I keep different templates for
different needs and then create a AppVM to run them in. Is this
good or am I wasting my time and hard drive space?

For instance I have a template specifically for one set of
sys-net/sys-firewall and another template for sys-net2/sys-firewall2.
And another the vault and more to come.

To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit