On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 10:36:49 PM UTC+1, contact...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thx for the great description and tips. I think I updated everything. Is
> there a way to check if  rc5 is active?
>
> One other thing:
> When my system booted. TOR is connected but I get an gui error message from
> sys-whonix:
>
> System clock check result
> Unexpected result by timedatectl
> Timedatectl_output_pretty:
>
> Local time and universal time are the same
> RTC time: n/a
> Time zone: etc/utc ( utc, +0000)
> NTP enabled: yes
> NTP sychronized: no
> Rtc in local TZ: no
> DST active: N/A
>
> Does someone has the same Issue?

I improved the update commands a bit after looking a bit around.

dom0
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-current-testing --clean
(or --check-only instead for dom0).

fedora
sudo dnf update --enablerepo=qubes-vm-*-current-testing --refresh

debian/whonix
sudo apt-get update -t *-testing && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -t *-testing

This way, you don't need to edit any files for debian/whonix to get the testing.
If you also want to increase reliability further, you can make a
dependency/cache check with "sudo apt-get check", which is normally very quick.
For that do;

debian/whonix
sudo apt-get check && sudo apt-get update -t *-testing && sudo apt-get
dist-upgrade -t *-testing

It may be possible to further optimize the update commands, if anyone got
suggestions, please feel free to opt-in so that we can recommend better update
approaches in the future.