I would say that if somebody has such an email in their out box, and you know it was removed, then contact Google and resolve the issue rather than just complaining here. No offense meant by this, its just that you have exactly what they need to tack down the problem sitting in your outbox. How on earth would they benefit by randomly deleting your mail on purpose? Their business it learning about you, to better market you, not pissing people off. Deleting legitimate information about you and what you like to talk about is exactly what they want to keep on file. Deleting it make so sense in their business model.

The explanation I would offer is their infantile data-collecting/spam-eliminating AI filter has been mistrained, and needs to be slapped silly by a human and corrected. The problem we have is that much of the "logic" they use these days is due to machine learning algorithms that one can not even ask the model why it did something completely stupid. It's merely the result of it learning the wrong logic from what data we gave it during the "training process".

There was once a DoD contractor who jumped on the AI bandwagon back in the 70's, who trained the system to pick out tanks hiding in camouflage. It did great, so they wanted to show the top brass. Before doing so they took new photographs because the old ones were quite worn, and the new photos flunked the test. What the system learned was cloudy vs sunny days, not tanks and no-tanks. Filtering emails based on the same "logic" is bound to have its problems.

So, don't attribute to malice where it can be the result of complete incompetents in machine learning. This unfortunately is the reality of the 'new software' era we now live in. Make them get it right if you disapprove.

btw - If this email response to you disappears then I will want answers from them myself. The more people who point out actual instances of missing legitimate emails, the sooner they will be forced to reevaluate their own methods of verification of this kind of ML mistraining.