vPro is a set of ME programs for insecure remote management (vs the secure owner controlled remote management of OpenBMC) but ME is always on, always capable of remote access and impossible to disable no matter what - possibly the best industrial espionage utility ever invented and not really your computer anymore.

There are a variety of 4.0 compatible computers that are owner controlled without any black boxes what are you looking for/what are your needs?

ADW: You can have a TPM without vPro so I suggest changing the manual to remove it, TXT is also a silly intel gimmick - a better solution is owner controlled hardware enforced code signing via coreboot grub (I refuse to endorse heads due to their stance on the purism fake libre frauds)