well looks like both an argument For and Against buying a drive-cd
caddie

for:
can remove the HDD with win10 on it and just use it when needed

against:
keep a CD with a bootloader on it in the CDROM drive  ( what % of users
of qubes are booting off a bootloader on a CD )

believe it or not,  somehow I'm really not worried at all that someone
is going to gain access to my laptop,  though it being a laptop and
travelling  US-> INT'l  I suppose it's possible ....

bigger issue now is what condition to buy a T520 eg "verygood" i7 (which
is listed on HCM , though not the submodel) and installing extra RAM to
12GB  for double  what I might buy

an i5 T520 with 12gb installed already which oddly  seems To  match the
submodel  but not the cpu  type ...