>>> Depending on how attached you are to Fedora, you might want to temporarily
>>> try the Debian template instead of downgrading Xen?
>>

>> I get the same error after switching to debian-9 as the dispVM template.
>>
>> So switching to debian-9 for dispVM is unfortunately _not_ a possible
>> workaround for this.
>
> You're using Testing arent you?

Yes, to be precise:

qubes-dom0-current-testing is _not_ enabled.

qubes-dom0-security-testing _is_ enabled.

> You could downgrade to the 36 version of xen-libs and runtime etc. That
> should fix your problem until 6-38 is released

What would be the recommended way of downgrading? (and wouldn't it be
better to revert all packages of the given upgrade?)

qubes-dom0-update --action=downgrade xen-libs xen-runtime xen-hvm

Maybe lets add generic downgrade instructions for such cases (dom0) to the
documentation?