On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 11:00:55 AM UTC-3, Yuraeitha wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 2:43:49 PM UTC+1, Fernando wrote:
> > This is more of a warning for those using Debian Testing. I updated my
> > Debian Testing template this morning and I couldn't start any app since. I
> > am using Qubes 3.2.
> >
> > Using qvm-run does not report any errors, not sure if I should check any
> > specific logs.
> >
> > As a workaround I'm using another template with Debian 9.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Fernando.
>
> If I read this right, Debian 8 fails, but Debian 9 doesn't?
> It might also be a good idea to switch to Debian 9 anyhow, we're getting
> closer and closer to end-of-life for Debian 8, which is the 6th of June, 2018
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases
>
> Also which updates was it? Were they of Debian origin? Qubes origin?

I don't have Debian 8 installed. Debian Testing is ahead of Debian 9.

I cannot tell exactly which update it was since I updated both qubes and the
different templates. Since Debian 9 is working normally, I assume this happens
due to a recent update to Debian Testing.

Also, this only seems to affect graphic apps (terminal, emacs, etc). My
split-gpg backend domain still works with Debian Testing.

If someone wants me to perform additional testing to assist debugging just let
me know.