I had a similar issue with my x230, installation went ok, but then on reboot,
Qubes just hanged.  I discovered it was a bios issue, eventhough in the x230
bios version 2.51 shows that Vt-d was enabled, it wasn't so.  After I upgraded
the x230 bios from Lenovo site, I did a re-installed of Qubes 4rc5, and Qubes
works.

You may want to check your bios version.