I had same thing happen to me but only when restoring appvms of the same name
installed on installer.  or cancelling a restore halfway through and restoring
again.

I also noticed you can remove them from system,  but they will still be looked
for on bootup.  I ended up just reinstalling this time choosing not to install
any default appvms and letting restore completely finish.