On 04/11/2018 03:19 AM, Drew White wrote:

> On Wednesday, 11 April 2018 16:55:48 UTC+10, tai...@gmx.com  wrote:
>> The best you will get is a W520 or W530 where you can install coreboot
>> (open hw init + nerfed ME) and have 32GB RAM.
>
> FYI, I'm happy to see you went with Lenovo.
> Best End User devices in general. (Or used to be)
Lenovo is an evil company that continually inserts backdoors in to their
firmware.
They simply ride the coat-tails of IBM which is why so many still use
their stuff.
The W520, G505S (no PSP/ME!) etc were from before they got really shitty.

It is a damn shame, they continually remove the thinkpad features that
people like in the new stuff just chasing apple removing all the useful
ports, thinklight, mouse nub, non-chiclet keyboard, trackpad buttons etc