In my case I found uefi mode works better for Qubes.   For example using legacy
bios mode i have many wake from sleep problems,  such as usb mouse in sys-usb
not working after sleep.  system becoming unresponsive.

Booting in uefi mode I dont' have those problems.  I think eventually we will
have no choice but to use uefi cause all hardware will be designed for it.

 Unfortunately using uefi mode does not give any security benefits since Qubes
doesn't support secure boot or secure flash.