On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 4:54:19 PM UTC-8, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some initial comments about Qubes 4.0rc3 on Lenovo Thinkpad X1
> Carbon 5th gen. I'll dig further into issues listed below. But for now I
> wouldn't call it "works out of the box", unfortunately :/
>
>  - EFI installer do not boot - gets back into grub instantly, /noexitboot
>    /mapbs do not help
>  - legacy mode install works fine (although I've noticed small graphics
>    glithes once or twice)
>  - at next boot grub is horribly slow (you can see drawing each char)
>  - system starts with default kernel (4.9.56)
>  - trackpoint/touchpad do not work:
>
>      psmouse serio1: TouchPad at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost sync at byte 1
>      psmouse serio1: TouchPad at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost sync at byte 1
>      psmouse serio1: TouchPad at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost sync at byte 1
>      psmouse serio1: TouchPad at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost sync at byte 1
>      psmouse serio1: TouchPad at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost sync at byte 1
>      psmouse serio1: issuing reconnect request
>      psmouse serio1: synaptics: queried max coordinates: x [..5678], y
> [..4758]
>      psmouse serio1: synaptics: queried min coordinates: x [1266..], y
> [1094..]
>
>  - suspend: hang on suspend (green light flash quickly)
>
> Next step: upgrade dom0 (only!) kernel to 4.14.6
> (https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-linux-kernel/pull/13). You need to
> build it yourself, there is no
> binary package available, yet.
>
> Then add iwlmvm and iwlwifi to /rw/config/suspend-module-backlist in sys-net
>
>  - this fixed suspend issue, wireless also works after suspend
>  - touchpad/trackpoint still do not work
>
> Other issues:
>  - https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3108
>

> Untested:
>  - mic
>  - camera
>  - ethernet
>  - thunderbolt (and do not plan to)
>  - WiGig (does it even have Linux support?)
>  - bluetooth
>  - NFC
>  - fingerprint reader (do not plan to test)
>
> Attached hardware info.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
> Invisible Things Lab
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Did you (or anyone else) ever figure out how to fix the suspend/resume issues?
I'm seeing that issue on my X1 Carbon 6th gen (qubes 4.0). Install worked
smoothly with EFI. My HCL post:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/QrG7uUZsSZY