On Fri, April 20, 2018 11:38 pm, trueriver wrote:

> Is that -root-tmp volume a sign of a bug, if so where?
>

> I am not confident of reproducing the bug, if indeed it is one.
>

> My gut feeling is that it may not enough to make a useful bugrep, but
> will do so if you or awokd think I should.
>
> One thought I had is how do I know f I run out of pool space - might that
> have triggered something like this or should I get an elegant warning?
> Certainly my disk space is overcommitted, with the magic of sparse files.

Don't think it's pool space related.

Tried to reproduce this. First installed the minimal template, tested,
then did an --action=reinstall. The menu shortcut for xterm stopped
working. Did a refresh applications in Qube Settings but that also failed
to start the template qube. qvm-run gave me "VM directory does not exist:
/var/lib/qubes/vm-templates/fedora-26-minimal" and ls confirms it does
not. This is probably a bug, possibly
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3169. I'll make a note in
there.

At that point, "sudo dnf remove qubes-template-fedora-26-minimal" followed
by "sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-26-minimal" worked with
no errors and restored proper function.

Next, I tested with the template running. --action=reinstall shutdown the
template before doing its work, but resulted in the same bug as before.

Doing a dnf remove with the template running failed with an error message
about same. I didn't see -root-tmp at any time; not sure what might have
created it.