The page https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qfilecopy/ decribes how to copy a file or
directory to another domain. In the case of a directory the files can later be
copied back, in which case they end up in a different directory than the
original.

This has the advantage that both copies are available in the original host
domain.

This has the disadvantage that copying may take some time, especially if there
are a lot of files that were not actually changed.

I am wondering if there already exists the facility to bind a directory in one
domain (the original domain) to one in another domain (the new domain). I
envisage this working like mount --bind within a single machine.

This would have the advantage that edits made in the new domain would
immediately be available in the original domain.

That would also be a security disadvantage as the attack surface now exists in
both domains, but I envisage this being limited to the contents of the bound
directory.

1:
Has this idea been implemented already? If so pls post a link to some details.

2:
If not, is there a way to copy back only the files that actually changed - like
an inter domain rsync perhaps? If so, how would I do that?

This has the advantage of saving the redundant return copy, but still has the
disadvantage of doing a forward copy on files that turn out to unnecessary.

3:
Has the idea of an interVM bind been considered and rejected as inherently
insecure?

4:
Has this idea been considered and rejected as requiring more work than we want
to do at the moment?

Regards
River~~