On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 4:28:56 AM UTC-4, niepo...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 3:17:05 PM UTC-4, Qubes Guy wrote:
> > On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 1:17:24 PM UTC, niepo...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Fresh install of Qubes R4.0 and there is no internet connection in appVM
> > > - firefox just not load websites.
> > >
> > > Internet connection actually is ok as I'm able to make update for
> > > template VM.
> > >
> > > What can be reason of this not working internet in app VM and how resolve
> > > this?
> >
> > Is this still a problem?  Did you give your AppVM access to the net VM (set
> > "Networking" to sys-firewall (preferably) or sys-net in the settings dialog
> > for the AppVM)?
>
> Yes, problem still exist.
>
> There was sys-firewall connected to appVM as well sys-net and no connection.
> I have also tried changing template from fedora to debian -internet not
> working.
> I have also install chromium browser and connection not working.
>
> Very frustrating situation...

One thing I forgot to mention: Do NOT set the "Networking" setting in your
template VMs (set it to "None"). Giving network access to your templates is
considered a major security threat (since all AppVMs you base on them inherit
any malware/corruption). If you put "qubes-updates-proxy" in the services tab
of sys-net, you won't need to do this. If you absolutely need to do this
anyway, turn it off as soon as possible...