Hi,

On 08/03/2018 11:28 AM, x99nin...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I want to "grow down" private storage max size "untrusted" (switch back from
> 6048MiB to 2048MiB)
>
> Ok. Let's start
>
> qvm-volume info untrusted:private
> lvresize -L2G /dev/qubes_dom0/vm-untrusted-private
>
> It's done and qubes-manager (basic tab) show me that private storage max size
> changed to 2048M.
>
> Ok, now i'am start untrusted domain
>
> qvm-start -a untrusted gnome-terminal
>
> Domain started, but nothing happens.
> What i do wrong? What happened with "Untrusted" domain qube?

Shrinking a volume is not a trivial thing to do.

You should have first resized (shrinked) the filesystem itself, and then
resized the underlying volume. Data loss aside, you now have a broken
filesystem which is likely why you can't start your VM.

The following page shows how it is done for Linux VMs:

https://github.com/Qubes-Community/Contents/blob/master/docs/configuration/shrink-volumes.md

> How to restore "Untrusted" domain ?

- Did you do a backup with qvm-backup ? if yes, restore with
qvm-backup-restore
- Did you clone the vm ? if yes, delete (or rename) the broken vm and
clone/rename the original, backuped vm

However since you're asking, I guess that you don't have any backups.
The probability that you lost data is ~100%, your best bet now is to
attach your untrusted VM's private volume to another VM (see the link
above for how to do that), run e2fsck, and hope that your important data
was at the beginning of the volume (by running lvresize -L2G on a 6G
volume, you trashed 2/3rd of the virtual disk without any easy way of
recovering it).