I'll take a shot, also willing to learn more if I am missing something:

I would try to find the IP of the email provider if you are using a VM for
email, e.g. Tutanota's IP address is: 81.3.6.162(no IMAP wit them), therefore
my firewall settings for that VM would be:

IP: 81.3.6.162
Service: https (or port 443)
Protocol: TCP

Things I have learned about the firewall include:
1) You can type a port number into the service field vs just using whats in the
"Services" dropdown selection
2) MXToolbox is a good tool to find an IP address of a website
3) I created a print VM that only allows access to my networked printer IP and
the network printer's port. With this VM I can access only the printer. Maybe
your vault uses this VM as its DVM. I don't trust printers in general but at
least its restricted

For web only 443(https) and 80(http) are all that is needed for the most part.
I believe ICMP(pings) and port 53(DNS) are allowed automatically. Open to being
corrected? It would be nice to control the DNS more (Quad9 DNS resolver or
OpenDNS). Not sure how to do this with ease.

For Thunderbird, you could research your email providers IP and change the
"*"/ANY for the specific IPs or IP.

Google, Apple and others generally publish the ports needed for a service to
work.

Qubes team I would agree this latest update is working like a charm and has
improved Qubes Manager and the Fedora/Pulse Audio update problem I was having.
Thank you again for the work!