Just got this going, awesome Tasket. Thank you again Qubes team for what you
do!

Works like a charm...the only feedback is the newly updated "Qubes Manager" is
sometimes "buggy" with the VPNApVM. I don't believe it impacts performance.

Some notes:
-Qubes 4.0
-Worked in Fedora28 and Debian9 template/Proxy VM
-Changed the DNS to use Quad9 and it worked
-Using PIA, utilizing the OpenVPN-IP files (haven't tried the other PIA configs
from their site)
- I needed to install Nautilus and OpenVPN for Debian9 (using my instructions
below)

I really struggled setting this up, but below are the steps/notes I followed in
combination with the instructions on Github, the order to set this up does
matter...hope this helps others out(open to feedback):

Instructions for the "terminal" challenged:

Using qTunnel: https://github.com/tasket/qubes-tunnel

In a Template do this:
For Debian proxy, add OpenVPN package to your VPN template(Fedora already has
OpenVPN included):
su
apt-get install openvpn

Download and transfer file to VPN template:
https://github.com/tasket/qubes-tunnel.git

cd “Then drag downloaded, unzipped file into terminal from tasket”
sudo bash ./install

sudo mkdir /rw/config/qtunnel

Close Template.

Create a proxy VM:
Create proxy AppVM using VPN template: sys-VPN
Colour: Green
Provides Network  Checked
connect to sys-net (or firewall)
Launch settings  - Checked

Settings:
Add “Files” and “Terminal” to “Applications” in ProxyVM
Add “qubes-tunnel-openvpn” to services, hit the +

Optional - Change config DNS(Quad9 DNS), by adding the text below to the VPN
config file, then hit save:
setenv tunnel_dns '9.9.9.9 149.112.112.112’'

In terminal move VPN config files to new proxy AppVM:
sudo mv “Then highlight the VPN folder and drag to terminal” /rw/config/qtunnel

cd /rw/config/qtunnel
sudo ln -s xx.ovpn qtunnel.conf
(xx is the VPN client config)

sudo /usr/lib/qubes/qtunnel-setup --config
Enter VPN name and password

exit

Restart AppVM...look for “Links is up” pop-up

(Sorry if this is Top posting!)