On 08/13/2018 04:26 PM, joevio...@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks.

Is Btrfs an option when installing Qubes 4.0?

Yes.

BTW,
Qubes fully recovered.

Like last time I messed things up by filling up the LVM,
Here are the steps:

Insert a bigger drive
create PV from new drive
added PV to VG
LVmove pool00_tdata from full drive to new PV
LVextended Pool00 to give room
LVextended pool00_tmeta (this was the corrupted part)
LVconvert --repair qubes_dom0/pool00
I did try all this yesterday, but the drive I put in, had a previous Qubes 4
install. Even with deleting the partitions, it seemed to still recognize the
Volume Group information on it. And since it is also named qubes_dom0... it
really messed things up and had me going down rabbit holes with a VG with a
MISSING PV. No commands really work when in that stuck state.

The issue still remains if anything will be done with Thin Provisioning to
prevent this from happening. Last time this happened, there was no disk storage
applet. This time, there was, but I just didn't see what a vmdk file was going
to be on disk.

There is an issue opened for this IIRC, and I think the target is R4.1.

Should VMs get automatically paused when approaching the limit?

That's my initial inclination because the user may not be at the computer to take immediate action when the space crisis occurs. But I think the resolution will also involve moving dom0 root out of the thin pool to a static-sized lv.

Also, should dom0 be inside the thin pool? Or would it make sense to keep it as
its own LV? Yeah, it means dom0 cannot grow with the pool, but should it?

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket