On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 4:17:31 AM UTC+8, Patrick Bouldin wrote:
> I have a goal to buy a new laptop, preconfigured with Windows, and then
> within Windows I will reallocate disk space in order to install Qubes4.0.
>
> In the past with prior versions of Qubes that has sometimes been problematic,
> is that fixed with 4.0 or still a problem?
>
> Any input on how to proceed?
>
> One data point, while I can recreate windows it's a pain in the butt to get
> the licensing back on the machine. I can do it, but would like to avoid it.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

Question: What's your purpose for using Qubes? Usually the answer is to have
very-high level of security. This purpose however, is ultimately defeated once
you do OS dual boot as your Qubes installation could be easily
infiltrated/modified in the context of the Windows OS that you have dual-booted.

So I suggest having two HDDs or one HDD and one M.2/SATA PCI SSD in your laptop
to effectively separate the Windows OS and Qubes OS(By setting a password on
the HDD/SSD where Qubes is installed and not entering it when booting on the
Windows OS (To effectively protect the UEFI boot partition and also a tag-team
protection with LUKS encryption).

If you really want to insist on dual boot however, sad to say but I can't help
you with that.