Hi all,

I've just recently installed Qubes on a brand-new System76 Oryx Pro
(it's on my list to send an HCL report soon). It's working ok overall
but I've run into a couple of issues and questions and was hoping for
some help resolving them. I'm including most of them all in one email
in an attempt to flood people's inboxes less; hope that's okay.

Thanks in advance! I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but that's the
way it goes :P

Cheers,

-AJ

=== SOUND ===

Audio output does not work. Playing audio in an AppVM and running
`pavucontrol` in dom0 clearly shows the little volume indicator for
the VM fluctuating, but nothing actually comes out of the speakers. So
it seems like VM PulseAudio -> dom0 PulseAudio is working OK, but dom0
PulseAudio isn't outputting anything.

All volumes in the "Playback" tab are set to 100% and are unmuted. In
the "Output Devices" tab, it's unmuted and set to 100%, and I can see
the volume indicator going up and down. Plugging in headphones does
not help.

Some system information:

    $ lspci | grep Audio
    00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Device a348 (rev 10)

    $ ls /sys/class/sound/
    card0 controlC0 hwC0D0 pcmC0D0c pcmC0D0p pcmC0D1p seq timer

I'm on a mostly fresh Qubes 4.0 install (this issue was present as
soon as I installed).

=== SUSPEND ===

Resuming from suspend does not work. I just get a black screen (IIRC
it *does* turn on, but remains blank; I can retest if desired but
obviously it's annoying to do so). The computer remains unresponsive
at that point and I have to hold down the power button. Honestly, I'm
not even sure where to start diagnosing this issue. I'd be happy to do
anything that might provide more information.

=== DOM0 SOFTWARE ===

It's unclear to me exactly how bad I should feel installing stuff into
dom0. Specifically, I've installed a program called Redshift[1]
through qubes-dom0-update (i.e. the Fedora repos).

It's my understanding that this *should* be okay, because the software
is coming from a trusted source (Fedora), and isn't being exposed to
VMs in any way. Is that correct?

 [1]: http://jonls.dk/redshift/

=== DETACHING USB BLOCK DEVICES ===

If I attach a USB block device to a Qube and mount then unmount the
filesystem, do I really need to detach the block device from the Qube?
Or can I just pull the drive?