On Fri, August 17, 2018 12:41 pm, Bengt Thuree wrote:

> GPU           : GigaByte GeForce GT 1030

Try adding nouveau.modeset=0. See
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/nvidia-troubleshooting/#disabling-nouveau.

> ==> Q2 How do I input the encryption key when I use the text based
> installer?
> ==> Q3 How do I create and use a kickstart file?

These are good questions, but I don't know the answers!

> ==> Q4 I presume Qubes should work fine with my configuration?

There are a handful of people who got it running on Ryzen so it's probably
a question of if the motherboard/BIOS can handle it. Check
https://www.qubes-os.org/hcl/.