On 09/03/18 22:01, pc revival wrote:
Hello all. I have been trying to install a version of Ubuntu Linux called
Buscador and can't get past the partitioning utility. I boot the live iso and
everything works fine but when I boot the installer I go through the user set
up screen fine but the partition utility never finds the partitions. Even if I
boot the live ISO in an established Linux install it still does not find the
partitions. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I just had the same kind of issue when creating an HVM for a ReactOS (windows like OS) install. Same issue, in that the new OS installer sees no disk space in which to install.

When I asked in the ReactOS forum, with provided logs of the boot process, they told me that the qemu "mptsas1068" controller was not recognized by their OS. So the "qemu -device" option sent by Qubes would need to changed to something else that the drivers in the yet to be installed OS would understand natively.

Unfortunately I have not yet found where this option can be changed. I saw a qubes-users discussion a while back where this option was changed in Qubes, but I still need to go back find out what they patched to modify it to the current setting.

If this is a general problem with HVM's, I think this should be a qvm-prefs setting per VM, at least wherever qemu is required. I'm certainly no expert, just thinking out loud since I didn't get an answer to my own question yet. I think the two problems may be related.

Thanks in advance