On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 5:35:44 PM UTC+2, Jan Martin Krämer wrote:
> I am not sure if magic sysrq is enabled on qubes, I guess I would have to
> test it while it is still working, but if it is, it also didn't work.

On dom0, looks like only the sync command(sysrq+s) of sysrq is enabled by
default:

[ctor@dom0 ~]$ grep -nH sysrq -- /usr/lib/sysctl.d/* /etc/sysctl.d/*
/usr/lib/sysctl.d/50-default.conf:16:# Use kernel.sysrq = 1 to allow all keys.
/usr/lib/sysctl.d/50-default.conf:18:kernel.sysrq = 16
/etc/sysctl.d/95-sysrq.conf:1:kernel.sysrq=1

I actually had to enable all by creating /etc/sysctl.d/95-sysrq.conf (as seen
above).

All info from here:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/admin-guide/sysrq.rst

   -  0 - disable sysrq completely
   -  1 - enable all functions of sysrq
   - >1 - bitmask of allowed sysrq functions (see below for detailed function
     description)::

          2 =   0x2 - enable control of console logging level
          4 =   0x4 - enable control of keyboard (SAK, unraw)
          8 =   0x8 - enable debugging dumps of processes etc.
         16 =  0x10 - enable sync command
         32 =  0x20 - enable remount read-only
         64 =  0x40 - enable signalling of processes (term, kill, oom-kill)
        128 =  0x80 - allow reboot/poweroff
        256 = 0x100 - allow nicing of all RT tasks