On 09/10/2018 08:47 AM, unman wrote:
On Sun, Sep 09, 2018 at 02:12:45PM -0400, Stumpy wrote:
On 09/08/2018 09:09 PM, unman wrote:
On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 10:17:32AM -0400, Stumpy wrote:
I want to use a linux distro that currently doesnt seem to have a template
for Qubes. Does that if I want to use it I would have to either go the HVM
route like for win or create my own template (probably beyond me).

Yes, that's right. Bear in mind that you can use these as templates too.

Thanks Unman
So when you saud "can use these as templates too" you mean that a HVM can be
used as a template? (oh god please say yes!!! if yes then I am assuming I
could make a win7 template and create win7 appvms?)

Pleased to say "Yes".

Yes you can create win7 appVMs from a template. Unless you use QWT to
set home directory to /dev/xvdb you will have effectively a
disposableVM, which may throw you to start with.

You can have this for any HVM - do full install on to /dev/xvda, and any
qubes based on that template will act as disposableVMs. I have BSD
netvms set up like this.

unman

... I sent my previous email too soon, that is, it just occured to me that you said you have your netvms set up like this using BSD disposable templates?

So your netvms are actually dvms? If yes, that sounds like a really good idea, so even if they are compromised they would be "disinfected" after reboot or after they are restarted?

Am i understanding this right?

thanks again!