Hello,
I'm running qubes os 4.0. I tried to set up windows 7 HVM.
I tried both ultimate and home (most basic one) editions with this same
effect.

I managed to get installator running after upgrading dom0, disabling memory
balancing
and setting amout of ram to 2048M.
After installation HVM starts to shut down, its screen disappears but on
qubes manager i still see yellow dot in the state field for this vm.
After an hour i pressed stop button for this vm and killed it due to 20s
timeout.
When i tried to power it up i got message from windows that installation
was interrupted and i need to repeat it.

I have made about 3 attempts to set up this vm with this same effect.

I was considering just setting up virtualbox in some appvm but
i was told that this is impossible.

Is there any workaround for my problem other that setting up virtual
machine with windows on other physical computer?

I do not need very specyfic version of windows as long as it will be
64bit and qubes tools for that will be working.

I can paste logs and config just please tell me what will be usefull.