On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 8:10:17 AM UTC-6, awokd wrote:

> > Now, for the actual question. :) The installer reports missing
> > IOMMU/VT-d/AMD-Vi, however the machine's motherboard is an Intel Celeron
> > N3350 which, according to
> > https://ark.intel.com/products/95598/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N3350-2M-Cache-up-to-2-4-GHz-,
> >  should have VT-d (unless it needs a specific kind of VT-d?). I am not sure
> > about IOMMU, perhaps it is missing. Does the error message list those as
> > alternatives of the same thing? Or is it that I may have VT-d but not
> > IOMMU, and the error just lists them all if just one has not been detected?
>
> Did you enable the possibly multiple virtualization options in your UEFI
> config?

There are actually no virtualization options in my UEFI config. I do get to
turn off secure boot and some TSC stuff, but not much else. There's no vmx flag
in /proc/cpuinfo (less that file after ctrl+f2 during installation), but
apparently Qubes is not complaining about a lack of VT-x. There is a hypervisor
flag, however.