‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:52 AM, unman <un...@thirdeyesecurity.org>
wrote:

> I admire your persistence in continuing to remove qubes.
>
> Have you tried running 'sudo fstrim -av' in dom0?

After I already trimmed / in dom0 as I mentioned (and it reported about 5GB
freed), I ran sudo fstrim -av per your suggestion, and it reported 0 bytes
trimmed.

On further investigation, I discovered that /var/log/xen/xenstored-trace.log in
dom0 was 155GB.

So I did sudo truncate /var/log/xen/xenstored-trace.log --size 0
Then again sudo fstrim -av, and this time for / it reported 80.7GiB trimmed. (I
don't know why not all 155GB trimmed.)

But qvm-pool -vi lvm still reports 99% HD usage (468GB used out of 473GB size
for pool00)! The HD is 500GB, so trimming 80.7GiB should have freed 17%.

OTOH, sudo lvs did report that pool00 data% dropped from 99 to 67, and meta%
dropped from 55 to 39. So the problem is clearly with Qubes, not LVM.