On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 11:19:54PM +0000, floasretch wrote:
> [...]

You can add --pass-io, to see service stdout/stderr. Maybe this will
give some hints.

Alternatively, you can try doing the same in non-disposable VM, for example
whonix-ws-dvm itself. Simply drop --dispvm and add VM name before
service name, like this:
qvm-run --service -- whonix-ws-dvm qubes.StartApp+debian-xterm

And see if xterm will launch. Then, you can inspect ~/.xsession-errors
in that VM, or various logs in /var/log. If no terminal is started at
all, you can access VM console with `sudo xl console whonix-ws-dvm`
(exit with Ctrl+]).

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki