Black Beard:
Hey Community,

I'm an absolute novice regarding Linux, especially Qubes. I have already
understood many things very well and I really like the OS.

Now I would like to update some virtual machines, including Fedora26, Whonix
etc because they are outdated.

I have already read and followed the instructions for updating Fedora 26 to 27
and 27 to 28. Unfortunately, I always get an error message when updating (I do
not have it in my head because I'm at work).

According to a forum, I should change the identity at Tor to successfully
install the upgrade. My system tells me that no gate has been installed ??!

At Whonix I get an error message from 13 to 14 to update.

How can I update Fedora and all other Vms?

Of course I am very happy about your feedbacks.

regards and many thx to all of you

I find it easiest to install the new version of the template instead of upgrading. For Fedora 28 that would be "sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-28", then change your AppVMs and qubes-prefs to point to it instead of fedora 26. You can do the same with Whonix 14, check the instructions on their website.