On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 02:58:51PM +0100, unman wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 02:03:02PM +0200, Frank Schäckermann wrote:
> > Hi unman!
> >
> > I am trying to build the bionic template for Qubes 3.2 and the “make
> > qubes-vm” works fine after adding the “Build-Depends: dephelper” to the
> > control file of meta-packages.
> >
> > But the “make template” fails with
> >
> > E: Couldn’t find these debs: apt-transport-https
> > make[1]: *** [Makefile:63: rootimg-build] Error 1
> >
> > Any idea what is going wrong here?
> >
> > Regards, Frank
> >
> > > On 8. Oct 2018, at 16:28, unman unman-at-thirdeyesecurity.org
> > >
> > > It's now straight forward to build templates for bionic as well as xenial,
> > > using qubes-builder.
> > >
> > > If you want to try them out before building, I've uploaded freshly built
> > > templates for 4.0, including a fairly hefty xenial-desktop template.
> > > You can find details at https://qubes.3isec.org
> > >
> > > Updated packages are available from the repositories there, if you
> > > already have a working template.
> > >
> > > unman
>
> Hi Frank
>
> That package is in bionic repositories for sure.
> I'll run a 3.2 and see if I encounter any problems, and get back to you.
>
> unman

I see the problem.
The package isnt in main but in universal.
Adding universal to the debootstrap options isnt enough because then the
install fails because the Qubes package repos put all files in main.
I'll work up a fix and put in a PR.
I'll post back here too with the details to save you time.

unman