On Friday, October 26, 2018 at 3:14:14 PM UTC+2, tfm...@googlemail.com wrote:
> Always: After resume the temperature idles at 60-70 C with the fan running at
> 4500RPM. xentop still shows no significant CPU usage. So this is an average
> 10 degrees hotter _with_ the fans actually running than it was before sleep.
> The only fix I know is rebooting the system. Apparently some power management
> feature is broken after resume. Even when I shutdown all qubes and only run
> dom0, temperature stays that high.

Ok, apparently there is a deeper issue here: I noticed that I was capped at
400% CPU usage although this is a 4 core CPU with hyperthreading. 'lscpu'
revealed that there was just one thread per core. Since I was absolutely sure
that I previously could utilize 800%, I reinstalled Qubes.

I should mention that my system was Qubes 4 with 'qubes-dom0-update' run
yesterday.

Now, with a fresh installation and no update, I have 2 threads per core again,
and the above mentioned issue with increased heat after suspend is gone.

After running 'qubes-dom0-update' again and restarting, the threads per core
are down to 1 again and the heat issue is back.

I guess I should report a bug regarding this.

PS: Can I change the title of the thread somehow, to better reflect the issue?