On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 04:35:12PM -0600, William Fisher wrote: > The back ups
were encrypted but the drive was not. How do I attach the
> drive if I can’t use File Manager?
>
> On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 9:34 AM unman <un...@thirdeyesecurity.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 03:23:27PM -0800, William Fisher wrote:
> > > I have a Widows 7 VM saved on a HDD from my previous Qubes 3.2 and I am
> > trying to install it and various other VMs that were “Backed up”  On that
> > HDD to my Qubes 4.0 installation. The HDD is recognizied by Qubes 4.0 but I
> > can’t see it on the Back up/restore list of files and I do not know how to
> > start the Disk File Manager tool to “mount” the HDD to access the stored
> > VMs.
> > >

> > I think that awokd has suggested the right path.
> > Attach the block device to another qube, and then select *that* qube
> > in the back up tool.
> >
> > Was the HDD encrypted?
> > What was the partition scheme?
> > If so you will need to decrypt it, and mount the relevant partitions in

Open a terminal in dom0:
use qvm-block to identify the HDD.
Then do what awokd suggested: start a qube and use qvm-block to attach
the relevant partition to that qubes.
Use qvm-block to ensure that the HDD partition is attached.
Open a terminal in the qube.
Check that the relevant partition appears as /dev/xvdi
sudo mount /dev/xvdi /mnt
Confirm contents of /mnt

Open Qubes restore tool
Select qubes, click on ... button.

If that doesn't work, then you can try use command line tool:
qvm-backup-restore

Always watch for errors on commands.