On 11/12/18 12:11 PM, unman wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:54:46PM +0100, Alex wrote:
>>[...]
>> Changed that with nano to read "4.0" instead of "$releasever" and voilĂ ,
>> updates went through.
>>

> Please bear in mind that if you do this you are breaking the logic of
> dnf, and will have to *manually* update that entry if you upgrade the
> system. You are almost bound to forget this.
> $releasever is part of yum/dnf, not Qubes.
I am well aware of this, both the fact that I'm gonna forget about it
and that $releasever is part of the yum workflow. Actually, since I hate
"fedup", it's the way I update my other computers to a newer fedora
version: dnf upgrade --releasever=29.

> You can pass in --releasever=4.0 as an option, which would be a better
> solution.
That's true; but as the time of writing my original response, I could
not figure out how $releasever was being catenated with both "25" and
"4", so I imagined something "fixed" was automatically appended and
decided not to brute-force the --releasever param.

I use Qubes as my main workstation, so I don't have much time to
extensively try and fix things... Still, I love it so much I thought I'd
jump into the thread and post my workaround.

> I havent encountered this bug myself,so cant account for it. It might be
> helpful if those who have could say if they have enabled testing repos,
> or are using plain 4.0 Qubes repositories. Any other detail would be
> helpful.
A very plain installation of R4.0, some couple of months after the
official release (I had to upgrade the CPU to install R4.0 from R3.2, so
I had to wait for it to arrive from an ebay seller in the UK).

Looking at the bug linked by Andrew (github issue 4477), seems like
Marek already found the cause.

I'll monitor the issue and, as soon as this is resolved (which may
involve a temporal link from yum.qubes-os.org/r25-4/ to
yum.qubes-os.org/r4.0?), will revert the repo files in /etc/yum.repos.d
to the original ones.

Thank you everybody,
--
Alex