On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 3:39:24 AM UTC+1, William Fisher wrote:
> How do I update the TOR browsers at the Template VM level? I've updated TOR
> at the APP level but it doesn't stay updated.

I updated my template-vm (whonix-gw-14, whonix-ws-14 and sys-whonix) this week
via console (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade) and the latest
TOR browser was downloaded.

I started a disposable whonix-vm and checked (help -> about tor browser) the
version and it was 8.0.3 which should be the latest.
Starting anon-whonix-vm was not updated (8.0) but tor-browser did download the
latest version upon opening it (help -> about tor browser) and it stays updated.