I was wanting to back up some of my more important appvms, like vault, on a regular basis. I am lazy so was thinking that cron might be an option? Its been awhile since I used cron but I assume I could make a job with a line like:

qvm-backup -d vault -p /tmp/vault-key ?????

I am not sure about the last part as I would like to put it on an external drive so in 3.2 I could have pointed it to the ext drive on dom0 but now I am not quite sure where to point it? Ideas?